*PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS POST WILL BE ACTIVELY MONITORED ON MY NEW BLOG. PLEASE VISIT AND COMMENT ON THIS BLOG: http://aseporg.wordpress.com/
Is it a demon or not?
This topic seems to become more and more glamorized with the onslaught of Hollywood movies that distort our understanding of demonic hauntings. Now, I enjoy horror movies like many others, and I can even accept some of the Hollywood exaggerations that come with it. However, the reason I am somewhat tolerant of it is because I know better. Studying the signs of a demonic presence requires acumen beyond that of a arm-chair enthusiast of paranormal movies & TV shows. Unless you have fallen victim to a demonic haunting there is no way you can truly know all that can entail its wrath. That is, by chance as a paranormal investigator, you happen to cross paths with one by means of your involvement in a case taken on by you or your team. But, how do you determine that what you are dealing with, in fact, is a demon? The process in doing so can be very arduous while taking its toll on each & every person involved. If you ever suspect you are up against a demonic spirit you better be ready for the long haul and bring your “A” game. It is not for the weak of heart.
Looking at this from a broad scope will best prepare you for the different beliefs, encounters, approach, and methods that have been applied for many millennia. Scores of religions and ancient people have formed their own beliefs / understandings of these entities and their experiences with them. With this comes many names and a plethora of “demons”, some of which are: Jinn, Se’irim, Shedim, Shedu, Asmodai, Haggadah, Samael, Shayātīn, Iblis, Vetalas, Yakshas, Bhūta, and Pishachas. Knowledge is key to identifying a demon sooner than later. The more you know, the better you are armed for whatever it may throw at you.
Signs of demonic hauntings can be, but not limited to:
- Unexplainable noises knocks, bangs, crashing, growls, and / or guttural sounds.
- Physical manipulation of objects, from being thrown around or at you, to an area being “trashed”.
- Electrical issues such as: repeated faulting lights and appliances, as well as fuses blowing or lights popping.
- Animals may begin to act in abnormally. Growling, barking incessantly, having “accidents”, and subjugating to an invisible force.
- Feelings of oppression, intense anger and disturbing thoughts while in the home or on the property. However, once you leave this area, you immediately “normalize”.
- Photo or video anomalies where photos & video frames prior to and post of the anomaly where light is absorbed and darkness is the background with images of some being in it.
- Foul or unpleasant smells that you cannot determine where it is originating or does not stay in the same area
- Attacks from an unseen force that leaves bruises and scratches on your body for which you cannot explain.
- Visibly seeing an apparition in the form of a human, but has deformed characteristics such as a missing eyes, warped face, and animal parts in the place of where human parts would be, just to name a few.
- Negative reactions to religious / holy artifacts and / or paraphernalia like that mentioned above.
If the majority of these traits are found, it would most definitely indicate that you are dealing with a demonic entity. Now the real work begins…getting rid of it. I will cover the steps you should take with my follow up article called “Dealing with and ousting a demon” in the near future, so stay tuned!